[ Home ] [ All about sea kayaking ] [ Kayak guiding instruction and coaching Oban Argyll Scotland ] [ Sea kayak skill level ] [ Winter sea kayaking ] [ Sea kayak trips and courses ] [ Kayak Rental ] [ Accommodation ] [ Contact us ] [ Gift Vouchers ] [ Terms and Conditions ] [ Sea kayaking photo diary ] [ Decaid sea kayak leg ] [ Sea kayak videos ] [ Tide Race Paddling ]
Terms and Conditions
We very much hope that you consider the above terms and
conditions to be fair.
- If you make a booking with Seafreedom, we may ask for a
- If we have to cancel your kayaking for safety reasons
(usually because the wind is too strong) you will get all your money back.
- We never cancel for rain. But in the winter (November
to April) we will agree cancellation or postponement at no cost to you if the
weather is just so horrible that you are not going to enjoy it.
- If you cancel more than six weeks before your booking
date we will return your deposit minus administration charge of £10 for
each day that you had booked.
- If you cancel less than six weeks but more than three
weeks before your booking
date we will return half your deposit
- If you cancel less than 3 weeks before your booking
date we will not return your deposit.
- If you cancel less than one week before the date of
your booking we will expect you to pay the full amount.
- If you simply don't turn up we are going to be very
annoyed and will probably pronounce a curse upon you.
We will also expect you to pay up. Look folks, this is our livelihood!
- We pride ourselves on our inclusiveness - we have
successfully taken all sorts of people, with all sorts of problems,
illnesses and disabilities. But if you don't talk to us in advance about any
problems and/or it turns out that you are too unfit or overweight* to
participate, it's your problem not ours, so payment will be due.
- If you break or lose any of our equipment you will be
asked to pay for it. As of January 2013, after ten years of operation, this
has never happened, but we need to protect ourselves against clients
Tony Hammock, Seafreedom Kayak
*Our kayaks can cope with people up to 6ft 4 inches (1.9m)
with UK size 12 (US 13 Eu 43) feet and a weight of 16 Stone (224lb 102kg). If you are bigger than this, please
call us as we may be able to obtain larger kayaks for you to use. Please be
aware that even within the limits described, overweight or very unfit people can
find kayaks very uncomfortable and alarmingly unstable. If in doubt, give us a call.